Acupuncture focuses on utilizing the body’s natural energies to restore health. Our experienced acupuncturists can pinpoint blockages in your body that are causing stress, pain and swelling and provide long-term relief.
Acupuncture involves the insertion of very fine needles into various points on the body so as to establish a state of equilibrium and promote healing. The ultimate condition treated by acupuncture is acute or chronic pain, whether it be due to an injury, autoimmune condition, or other health concerns. Cupping, a technique used in Chinese medicine, is helpful in removing toxins from the body, and Chinese herbs and nutritional supplementation are helpful in combating deficiencies that may be present.
Acupuncture has been used for nearly 3,000 years. It is based on the presence of acupoints on meridians that are located all over the body. Stimulation of an acupoint causes a shift in energy and a positive effect on the sympathetic nervous system, resulting in decreased pain, improved immunity and overall internal balance. Acupuncturists receive a Master’s degree by completing a four-year graduate training program, internship, and board exams in order to achieve licensure.
- There are several different techniques that may be used in an acupuncture session, each one chosen by your provider to best suit your current needs. Your provider most commonly uses a combination of Master Tung style acupuncture, meridian-based acupuncture, TCM, moxibustion, and cupping.
- Additionally, our acupuncturist is trained in Chinese medicine and offers patent Chinese herbs, nutritional counseling, and a 21-Day Purification program.
- Patty has been studying the Shen-Hammer system of Contemporary Chinese Pulse Diagnosis since 2016 so as to gain a more complete understanding of the body’s internal environment. This style of pulse diagnosis allows her to provide patient care in a more integrated and holistic way.
- Acute or chronic pain (whether it is due to injury or illness) is treated very effectively with acupuncture. Among other conditions treated are mental health issues such as anxiety and depression, asthma, high cholesterol, insomnia, dysmenorrhea, migraines, common cold/flu, autoimmune conditions, and detox and recovery. For a more complete list of conditions that acupuncture can treat, please visit WHO: https://www.acupuncture.org.uk/public-content/public-traditional-acupuncture/4026-who-list-of-conditions.html
- HealthNet, BCBS, Aetna, Moda, Kaiser CHP, Cigna, American Specialty Health Network, Pacific Source, UHC, Lifewise, Secure Horizon, Great West, Healthnet, Health Allies, Medical Resource, Optum, Triwest
- Various Auto/PIP insurances and Worker’s Comp